There are so many things that surround us in our daily lives that can inspire us to do something or create something wonderful. I see myself getting inspiration from all sorts of different things, especially when it comes to my style. Today I wanted to share with you a couple of places that really inspire me and get my creative juices flowing.
1) Pinterest. Pinterest is probably my number one place to get inspiration from. I have been on Pinterest since it began and have been pining ever since. I currently have over 3,000 pins and 111 followers. Some of the followers that I have are people that I know and some are just strangers. I like the fact that people I don’t know enjoy the things that I share. It makes me feel connected to more people that have similar interests as me. I have a bunch of different boards with different categories filling my account. I find inspiration for crafts that I would like to try or DIY projects that I want to make as well as delicious recipes. My favorite thing to look for on Pinterest is fashion. Fashion is my number one passion, which explains why I am studying it in school, and I am always looking for new styles and looks to try out. What I like to do is pin the fashion things that I like and make a list of articles of clothing that I need to recreate the looks I like the most. The list comes in handy the next time that I am at the mall. I know that a lot of people are on Pinterest, and if you aren’t, I seriously suggest you go and sign up today! But be warned, you will get addicted. If you want to follow me on Pinterest, click here.
2) Instagram. Instagram is another great social media outlet where you can find lots of inspiration. Whether you are looking for fashion inspiration, fitness inspiration, or beauty inspiration you can find someone with similar interests. I follow a bunch of fashion bloggers, celebrities, and stylists with my Instagram and love how you can get a small look into their lives. Sometimes they even tag the articles that they are wearing with the brand of clothing. This is super helpful because if I see something that I really like and want then I can go and find it for myself. I suggest that you discover what your interests are and start exploring the app for people who share the same ones. If you’d like to know some of my favorite people to follow on Instagram, then leave a comment below!
3) Blogs. I follow a lot of blogs. When I say a lot, I really mean a lot. Over the past couple of years, I have found blogs and bloggers that I really like and have continued to follow. My Mac is crammed with bookmarks on my favorite ones and I usually check all of them at least once a day. It’s interesting that I am a blogger and I explore other people’s blogs isn’t it? I am very interested in reaching out to people and trying to interest and inspire them. That’s the whole reason I decided to start this blog. I hope that one day I can evolve this blog that was originally a project for school into something really great. If you want to now a few of my favorite blogs, leave a comment below!
4) Tumblr. I used to be very into Tumblr, but it seems that my obsession has since died down. Although I do not use it as frequently, I still use it from time to time. Sometimes I find some fashion inspiration, but mostly I just find very interesting images and pictures. I usually save them to my desktop and apply them as a background or something. I have noticed that I have found some of my favorite pictures and quotes from Tumblr. I really like how you can find a lot of candid and artsy pictures. I find that it’s different from how the set up of Pinterest is and it’s nice to get a taste of both. If you have a certain interest you can type it into the search bar of Tumblr and it will find you users that post those types of things. I find that to be very useful. If you would like to follow me on Tumblr click here.
5) Street style. One of my favorite places to find inspiration is the streets that surround me. You don’t have to live in a big city or crowded area to be inspired by the people that you see. I find that I am inspired at school mostly, as I am surrounded by a lot of people. I also find that a lot of people at my school do in fact have good style. I may see someone wearing a certain kind of shoe or jacket and find myself to be in love with it. I will then rush home and type in a description and search the web for hours trying to find it. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes the hunt for a good item is the best part though. My advice is to always stay vigilant. Always look at and appreciate the world around you. There is so much inspiration everywhere you turn.
I hope that you all enjoyed this post and will set out on a journey to find your own inspiration soon. What kind of things inspire you? Let me know in the comments! Also make sure to follow me on Pinterest and Tumblr so you can see what kinds of things interest me!